Sports in Diu
The beautiful serene island of Diu is known for its numerous tourist attractions and its rich attractive blend of Indian and Portuguese culture. The people of Diu are vibrant and fun loving and celebrate various festivals in a grand and pompous manner. The people in Diu are fond of sports and actively participate in various sports activities. Cricket is among the favourite sports of the people in Diu. There is an international cricket stadium RMC, where a number of international matches have been played. The Sports section in Diu is responsible for organising and coordinating various sports activities in the district. Apart from the regular sports activities, owing to the beautiful beaches, adventurous water sports activities are also quite popular among the locals as well as the tourists visiting Diu.
Sports Section, Diu
Water Sports in Diu
- Parasailing: An aerial adventure where you are attached to a parasail or a parachute, towed behind a vehicle.
- Wind surfing: A fun activity that combines the joy of surfing as well as sailing.
- Water Zorbing Ball: A joyous ride along the water surface in a giant ball.
- Water Scooter: An adventurous and a speedy ride in a jet boat.
- Scuba Diving: An exciting underwater journey.
- Speed Boat: A thrilling speedy drive along the water.
- Banana Boating: An adventurous fun ride for the entire family.
- Bumper Boating: A fun filled ride, favourite among the kids.
Dolphine Trip: A fantastic and entertaining dolphin spotting excursion.
Besides, a few other activities in these beaches include Water Roller, Paramotor Flying, Hot Air balloon, Water Skiing, Couple Ring, Desert Bike etc. You can enjoy these activities from 9.30 am to 1.00 pm and from 4.00 pm to 6.30 pm. For those looking forward for some entertainment in the evening, there is the ‘Sham-E-Diu’, the Evening Cruise Boat, from the Bunder Jetty, operated by the Port Department and Tourism Department. It operates from 7.30 pm to 8.30 pm and attracts hordes of tourists, with its music, fun and entertainment.